Parent Action is a not for profit organisation,seeking to promote and protect the human rights of children and young people and adults with disabilities/longterm health conditions in their receipt of health, social care, education, short break and daycare, employment and training support, through the empowerment of their parents and peers as advocates.
Parent Action are/will :-
- Seeking to promote the human rights of children, young people and adults with disabilities / long term health conditions through the empowerment of parents
- Seeking to promote the human rights of children and young people with disabilities / long term health conditions and continuing care needs, through the empowerment of their parents as advocates.
- Promote mutual support of parents by other parents in similar situations.
- Actively promote and develop parent's skills at speaking up for their and their children's needs.
- Develop advocacy services in partnership with parents, children and young people.
- Develop and run small, local, parent discussion groups, and / or home visits to parents.
- Support existing parent support groups to be more effective.
- Set up new parent discussion groups locally and eventually regionally.
- Develop action plans from parent discussions, then communicate these plans to service providers to make real changes and improvement happen
- Ensure the voices of parents, children and young people are actively heard and acted upon by communities and health, social care and education service providers.
Please contact Orla as above for more information about how we can help.