- HYPE Team, Shankill Well Being and Treatment Centre, 83 Shankill Road, Belfast, Co Antrim, BT13 1FD
- Contact Person
- Telephone Number
- 028 9504 0317
- Email Address
- Web Address
The HYPE team provide young people with information, knowledge and skills to make informed choices about their sexual and reproductive health and well-being by increasing their access to Health Education, Information and Services.
The team works in partnership with other agencies to:
- educate and inform young people, professionals and parents on sexual and reproductive health and well-being.
- Increase the uptake of health services by young people by highlighting relevant services and support them in the uptake.
- Support the reduction and prevention of sexually transmitted infections amongst young people under 25
- Support the reduction of unintended pregnancy amongst young people.
Group work programmes for youth clubs, community groups and other organisations
peer education programmes - to gain access to isolated and vulnerable young people
young people’s outreach youth advice services in venues accessible to young people working with a partnership agency
How to access this service
The HYPE Team provide both group and individual work programmes across the Belfast Trust.
Referrals to the individual work programmes may only be made by healthcare or social work professionals in the Belfast Trust.
Referrals to group work programmes may be made by:
Trust Residential Units for Children and Young People
Young people in Leaving and Aftercare Programmes
Learning Disability Programmes
Mental Health Programmes
Hostels for Homeless Young People
Group work Request
Contact the team by telephone or email – an initial discussion will discover whether the service provides a suitable programme for your group
After initial discussion an information pack will be sent out containing the following: Request/referral form and parental consent forms.
On return of the above an Agency Planning meeting will be set up where a co-working agreement and programme content will be developed and confirmed.
Prior to Programme delivery a Programme proposal pack will be sent to the relevant agency, out-lining timescales, programme, parental consent and monitoring forms
Referrals to the individual work programmes may only be made by healthcare or social work professionals in the Belfast Trust. Referrals to group work programmes may be made by Professionals listed below
- Available to Age Groups
- Category of Services
- Areas covered
- Method of Access (Referral)