- Hilden Resource Centre, 1b Glenmore Park, Lisburn, Co Down, BT27 4RT
- Contact Person
- Nadine Kirk
- Telephone Number
- 028 9266 7990
- Email Address
- Web Address
Connects is a therapeutic support and consultation service for Looked After Children and those who care for them. We provide consultation, co-working, direct work with young people and training and group work with foster carers families and residential staff.
We comprise of Clinical Psychologists, Social Workers and Mental Health Nurses.
LOCATION OF THE SERVICE
We work across the Lisburn, Down and North Down/Ards Sectors.
TARGET GROUPS/AGE LIMITS
SET Connects is a therapeutic support service for Looked After and Adopted children and the network that surrounds them.
We offer consultation, training and advice to Adoptive parents, Foster Carers, Kinship Carers, Field Social Workers, Supervising Social Workers and Residential staff.
We provide support either indirectly by co-working with individuals important to the young person or offer direct therapeutic intervention, individually or alongside key Attachment figures.
We accept referrals from Field Social Workers for young people up to the age of 18 years.
WHAT TYPE OF PRESENTATIONS DO WE SEE?
We work with children and young people who are presenting with behavioural difficulties and/or concerns regarding their social or emotional wellbeing.
METHOD OF REFERRAL AND CRITERIA
• The referral relates to a looked after or adopted child or young person aged up to eighteen years, where there are concerns about Social, Emotional and/or Behavioural difficulties, which are placing a significant strain on the family or placement. Early childhood history of trauma and attachment difficulties is impacting upon current emotional and relational functioning.
• Referrals are made using the on-line referral form on the South Eastern Trust intranet
- Available to Age Groups
- Category of Services
- Adoption Fostering & Looked After Children
- Areas covered
- North Down
- Method of Access (Referral)